Last updated: June 18, 2021
1. Data and Information We Collect Through the Service
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you ("Personal Information") as follows:
Personal Information You Provide: We collect the following categories of Personal Information from you when you contact us or provide us details before publishing a website:
- Identification Information: We collect your name and email address. We may also collect your phone number and/or billing address if you elect to add funds to your Carrd account balance.
- Financial Information: Our payment processor(s) will collect the financial information necessary to process your payments, such as your payment card number and authentication details. Please note, however, that we store only a tokenized version of such information and do not maintain payment card information on our servers.
- Communication Information: We may collect information when you contact us with questions or concerns and when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback. Providing communication information is optional to you.
- Social Media Information: We have pages on social media sites such as Twitter ("Social Media Pages"). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Internet Activity Information: When you visit, use, and interact with the Service, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Service (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log Information: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Website. Log Information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Website.
- Device Information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
On most web browsers, you will find a "help" section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off.
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Website and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Website.
If you access the Website on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services to our users;
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Service and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with our Service;
- To maintain and improve the Service;
- To develop new products and services;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Service, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
Marketing: We may use your Personal Information to contact you to tell you about products or services of ours we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email, we may use that information to send you special offers. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. You can also control the marketing emails you receive by updating your settings through your account. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
3. Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information
Carrd does not sell your Personal Information. In certain circumstances we may share the categories of Personal Information described above without further notice to you, unless required by the law, with the following categories of third parties:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Information with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store Personal Information in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, dissolution, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a "Transaction"), your Personal Information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of or following that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
- Other Users: Certain actions you take may be visible to other users of the Service. For example, sharing a site with another user will make your name and email accessible to that user. You acknowledge that by performing such actions or adding information to your profile you make the information shared available to other users and that Carrd cannot control, and shall not be responsible for any use other users make of such information.
4. California Privacy Rights Disclosures
Where provided for by law and subject to any applicable exceptions, California residents may have the right:
- To know the categories of Personal Information that Carrd has collected about you, the business purpose for collecting your Personal Information, and the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- To access the specific pieces of Personal Information that Carrd has collected about you;
- To know whether Carrd has disclosed your Personal Information for business purposes, the categories of Personal Information so disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information;
- To have Carrd, under certain circumstances, delete your Personal Information;
- To instruct businesses that sell Personal Information to stop doing so – Carrd, however, does not sell Personal Information; and
- To be free from discrimination related to the exercise of these rights.
If you would like to exercise any or all of these rights, you may do so by contacting us, or emailing us at email@example.com. After we receive your request, we may request additional information from you to verify your identity. Your authorized agent may submit requests in the same manner, although we may require the agent to present signed written permission to act on your behalf, and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us and confirm that you have provided the agent permission to submit the request.
The Services are not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information through the Services from a child under 18 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
In addition, parents or guardians can contact us to:
- Request copies of the Personal Information we collected about their child;
- Direct us to delete the Personal Information we collected about their child; and
- Direct us to stop collecting or using Personal Information regarding their child.
6. Links to Other Websites
You use the Service at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to Carrd via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
8. Your Choices
In certain circumstances providing Personal Information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Information that is needed to use some features of our Service, you may be unable to use those features. You can also log in to your account or contact us to request updates or corrections to your Personal Information.